Isn’t it time to ditch the razor and get with laser? Laser hair removal is a savior for many people who are fed up with the amount of time they’re spending on shaving, tweezing, using cream, and waxing. It’s one of the common and popular treatments since it successfully removes unwanted hair from anywhere on the body, including the face, arms, legs, underarms, bikini line, and more. Basically, anywhere but near the eyes. But if it’s your first time you might be nervous…so here’s our laser hair removal tips for first time patients.
Below you’ll find some laser hair removal tips that will give you a better understand of how the process works and what you’ll need to do!
Laser Hair Removal Tip 1: How Does It Work?
Our laser produces a soft burst of light which gently concentrates into the hair follicles. Pigment in the follicles absorb this light, which prevents future growth while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. This process is repeated until hair growth stops completely, leaving individuals with a feeling of confidence and satisfaction.
At Lazer Lounge, we use the industry-preferred Candela GentleMAX laser system which is one of the best in the industry. This groundbreaking laser uses multiple wavelengths and allows for gentle treatment on all types of skin. It also has a cooling device which sprays a refreshing mist prior to the pulse of the laser. This helps to minimizes any discomfort during treatment.
Laser Hair Removal Tip 2: What To Do Before Your Appointment
If you’ve never had laser hair removal before, it’s important to understand the steps to take to be properly prepared. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t wax or tweeze for six weeks before your first laser hair removal session. The laser will need to be able to identify the hair follicle.
- Shaving before your session is fine, as long as you use a new blade. If you use an already-used blade, you’re risking contact dermatitis, which can be brought on by bacteria.
- Stay out of the sun for two weeks before your treatment, or your skin could become pigmented.
- It’s a good idea to avoid caffeine for 24 hours before your session.
- Be sure to speak with our licensed professionals about any medications you’re taking, since antibiotic medications sometimes increase photosensitivity.
Laser Hair Removal Tip 3: What To Know About Post-Treatment
After you get your laser hair removal treatment, it’s vital you are aware of and follow these next steps.
- Hairs begin falling out anywhere from 3-30 days following your session.
- You can expect immediate redness that may last several hours.
- You can exfoliate your skin and gently scrub, but be sure you don’t force hairs out before they’re ready.
- Try to stay out of the sun for a week after your laser hair removal session. If you must be in the sun, protect your skin with powerful sunblock.
- Avoid scratching your skin or picking at blisters.
- Treat your skin with aloe vera gel or vitamin E gel.
- Don’t “wipe” dry with a towel after showers. Instead, pat your skin dry and be gentle.
Laser Hair Removal Tip 4: Be Patient
One of the most important laser hair removal tips is to be patient. Don’t expect to go for your appointment and see immediate results the next day. Unfortunately, that isn’t how the process works.
It can take a few sessions to begin seeing the incredible results of this treatment. And once you do…you’ll never go back to the razor again.
Laser Hair Removal Tip 5: Some Hairs Might Grow In More
Hair is a tricky thing. While laser hair removal will help remove hair in most all places, there are some locations that may grow longer and thicker if your licensed professional isn’t careful.
The face is one of those tricky areas which can have hair grow back thicker if your licensed professional isn’t careful. Just be aware of this before asking your nurse to turn up the power on your face!
Laser Hair Removal Tip 6: Different Lasers For Different Skin Types
The world is filled with so many beautiful skin types! But that means that you need the appropriate laser and setting for your skin.
Before your laser hair removal treatment our licensed professional will analyze your skin type to ensure that the right laser is used to get the safest and best results.
The More You Know
Hopefully our latest blog on laser hair removal tips gives you a little better insight on how the process works. If you’re considering laser hair removal, please be sure to ask us any questions or concerns you may have. Our team of licensed professionals is here to help you make the best decision for yourself. If you’re ready to drop the razor and get with laser, book an appointment with us.